Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dr. Purchell Presentation Needs


Just a few other things:

AV Equipment
1. I will bring my laptop and will be happy to use it during our two
days together. If, however, you want to download the presentations
onto your system, I am happy with those arrangements as well. I may
want to showcase a couple of video clips. Do you have speakers that I
might use that will amplify the sound so that all participants can
hear?
2. Other AV equipment that I will need include: a screen, a
powerstrip, and a microphone if you think we will need one. Based
upon the number of participants, I do not believe we will need a mic,
but I do not know how large your presentation room is.
Room arrangements
3. It would be dandy if participants can sit at tables. I will be
incorporating a great deal of interactivity and hands-on work. Tables
will support participants work. They can sit with friends, their
grade-level counterparts, department fellows, etc.

Roscommon Administrators
4. Would you want to consider having administrators attend the March
4th sessions? The agenda with the coaches would be best suited to
their needs because we will be talking about strategic planning,
supporting teachers as they travel through the change process, and
walk-throughs. I leave it up to you to decide on this. Just let me
know if they will be in attendance so that I can make a point to
include them in the dialogue.

Workshop supplies
5. Might you be able to provide participants with extra blank 8 X 11
paper, sticky notes (a dozen or so per participant), a flip chart with
paper, and duck tape/masking tape for hanging flip chart paper?
6. Please ask all participants to bring a lesson/unit in which they
have seen critical students differences related to prior knowledge.
Also invite them to bring any related curriculum resources. They will
use these during the workshops.

Travel Arrangements
7. I will finalize my travel arrangements today, and will book myself
a hotel in Houghton Lake. If we begin our programs at 8:00AM , I will
arrive at the high school about 7:30 each day to set up, etc. Here’s
my cell phone, just in case you need it: (860) 508-4346. Might you be
willing to share yours, just in case I need it during non-school
hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make any comments or make suggestions.